Chinese Herbal Medicine is the main modality or treatment method within Oriental & Traditional Chinese Medicine or TCM. TCM is the world’s oldest, continually practiced, professional medicine. It’s written history stretches back more than 2,500 years and its practice is undoubtedly much older than that.
- Although acupuncture was the first Chinese modality to gain wide acceptance in the West, Chinese Herbal Medicine is quickly establishing itself as one of the most popular and effective alternative therapies in the West.
- Chinese herbal medicine includes the use of ingredients from the vegetable, animal, & mineral kingdoms.
- Chinese herbal medicine can treat the full range of human disease (acute and chronic) with no side effects when correctly prescribed.
- Chinese herbal medicine is especially effective for promoting the body’s ability to heal and recuperate.
- Herbal formulas are given in powdered extract form (mixed with water and drank as a tea), pills, tinctures, & tea/decoction form (which involves the cooking of bulk herbs for a short time or longer amount of time [depending on the whether the bulk herbs are powdered or whole] and then they are drank as a tea).
- Chinese Herbal Medicine is used as a supplementary treatment to acupuncture and is required to be taken 2-3 times per day
- Note: No endangered species of plants or animals are utilized.
- The Chinese Herbal Pharmacy at Healing Traditions Integrated Welness Clinic in Lakewood, CO stocks over 360 bulk and granule medicinals with several “Pao Zhi” options (herbs/medicinal substances that have undergone elaborate and sometimes complex methods of preparation ie: stir-fried in rice wine, honey-baked fried, salt-stir fried, vinegar stir-fried, charred, etc…), as well as, a number of pre-made herbal formulas on hand coming in the forms of capsules, tablets and tea pills.
Q & A’s Regarding Chinese Herbal Medicine
Our complete pharmacy of Chinese Herbs, for use in Chinese Medicine, is a powerful complement to Acupuncture treatments. Find us on the internet under Acupuncture Denver and Acupuncture Lakewood.